A free, open-source, local-first Markdown editor built with ProseMirror.
- Works directly with your local files, entirely offline.
- Write your notes in Markdown, plus a few optional extensions.
- Build your own personal wiki with bidirectional links.
- Excellent math support — seamlessly transition between source and rendered math, thanks to KaTeX and prosemirror-math.
Excellent Math Support
(screenshot taken 16 September 2020)
(screenshot taken 17 September 2020)
The table below compares Noteworthy to other editors with similar features. Of course, each editor has its own unique features not listed! For an even more detailed comparison, check out the exhaustive feature comparison put together by the folks at Athens Research.
- Thanks to Marijn Haverbeke for developing ProseMirror!
- Thanks to Hendrik Erz for keeping Zettlr open source! When I started developing Noteworthy, I had no clue how to set up an Electron app or responsibly interact with the user's file system from Node, and the Zettlr source was a great reference.
- Thanks to Microsoft for keeping VS Code open source! I learned a lot by reading the source of the VS Code tree viewer and plugin system.
- Thanks to Fabio Spampinato for releasing the source to an early version Notable!